Friday, April 20, 2012

Farm to Market

So dear Mother Nature has decided to remind me that March really was too early for some of my planting. It fooled me there for a while, but the last couple weeks have put me back in my place! Parts of the garden are looking great - the parts that should have been planted in March. The other sections...well, I'll be replanting those once it warms up again. Oops! I have started to harvest the first round of some of the early veggies and every year I'm reminded how rewarding and delicious it is to grow your own food. I'm sure I'm not the only one with fresh veggies on the mind and it is a great time to plan out your garden or join a CSA. If you're still looking for some help deciding what fresh food option is best for you or want to learn more about local CSAs, please come to the Farm to Market Vendor Fair this Sunday, April 22nd at the Cedar Rapids Public Library/Westdale Mall. Stop by between 1 pm and 5 pm to gather some information about fresh, local foods. Plus, Sunday is Earth Day! Great timing to think about how your food is grown and where it comes from! We hope to see a lot of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment